Understanding I Won't Understand

August 23, 2011

This summer I had plans for my life. I am always making plans for my life and trying to figure out how to achieve them. I find security in knowing what is ahead. I find motivation in working towards goals. I find comfort in having reasons for what I do. Sometimes my plans happen and sometimes they don't. This summer my plans didn't happen. I keep asking why? I don't understand. God heard me and he reminded me of this:
"I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps." Jeremiah 10:23
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21
"A man's steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand his own way?" Proverbs 20:24
My life is not my own, it is completely God's. He is the one who gives me every breath. No matter how hard I try, my plans will only happen if it God's will. The Lord's purpose will ultimately take place regardless of what I plan. I won't understand my steps, because God is directing them.

My life is a puzzle and I'm holding a puzzle piece that doesn't quite make sense, it doesn't match my other puzzle pieces. I can't figure out why I have it or where it belongs. . . but God, He is looking at the picture on the front of the box. He knows exactly where that puzzle piece goes and how it is the only piece that will fit perfectly into the puzzle. He sees how it connects to both the pieces that are already put together and the pieces still left in the box.  Its hard when all I see is a puzzle piece I don't understand. When I can't look at the picture on the front of the box. My only option is to trust the One who can see that picture. To trust the piece I'm holding is necessary to finishing that puzzle and it does fit in perfectly.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger