I'll Be Home for Christmas!

December 17, 2013

I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
 Please have snow and mistletoe

And presents on the tree

This year I am receiving the best Christmas gift (other than Jesus) that I have ever received, a plane ticket home!! My holiday vacation is not very long, less than two weeks, but it will be well worth it. I fly out on Saturday and would appreciate your prayers as I have a lower back injury that is aggravated by prolonged sitting. Also, this will be my first time flying solo internationally :) 

It's been five months since I first arrived in Indonesia and I definitely haven't been able to spend as much time as what I had planned taking photos. However, I thought this would be a good opportunity to just share a little bit of what I've experienced and seen. 

Sunrise at Borobudur Temple, Jogja, Indonesia

Borobudur Temple

Worker in a silver factory

Lunch on the street

Everything, everything, is Hello Kitty, even in the taxis

Window looking out from the Old City Hall in Batavia

Sunset at Pramadan Temple, Jogja, Indonesia

Nasi Goreng, the most popular dish of Indonesia. This meal was under a dollar.

Tatoo artist at night market, Jogja, Indonesia

Dishes on the street

Street vendor

Transportation


Woman grating coconut in a courtyard

Blind man in the market

Typical squatting position

Sunset at Pramadan Temple, Jogja, Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger